Monday, June 13, 2005

Friends

My blood boils with anger and passion
Because I try so hard to be your friend.
I promised I’d be there from the beginning to the end,
But I can’t stay here, like this, in this way
Because when I talk, you don’t hear me say
How much you mean to me,
But that I’m in the middle of misery.
From the start I’ve been wrong.
From the start I thought I was strong.
From my words, to my actions,
You’ve shown no reactions.
I’m here, but you don’t see me
You know I’m here, but you can’t reach me.
We’ve grown apart, and it’s hard to tell you,
That the person I once knew,
Can’t possibly be you.
You’ve changed, and you’ve grown,
But now it’s time for you to go on, on your own.
Don’t cry, don’t be sad
Please don’t turn away and get mad.
Don’t think it’s easy for me either,
Because without you I wouldn’t be here.
It’s not easy, it’s so very hard to do,
Because everything I’ve ever done, was for you.
You think this is a big deal,
But don’t worry it will heal.
You have so many other friends, just like me.
That will be there for you, just like me.
And what kind of friend would I be...
If I took all of you, just for me?

~Breezy

No comments: