Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Small Towns

Every day I walk down those halls
I plaster that smile on my face
Act like nothing is wrong
laugh at the jokes
take the insults
but at home I lose it
take it out on my pillows
I wonder why I agreed
chose to leave the safety
to go to a small town
when I had been warned
about the cliques
the rumors
adults say small towns are the best
everybody knows everybody
low crime rate
prices are lower
well its not the best
rumors burn like wildfire
they hate new people
they hide it behind fake truths
act like your friend
when they backstab you
bring your secrets to the enemy
who spreads a rumor
and the other involved says its true
then you get labeled
for something you never did
well fuck the labels
they aren't right
they never were
and now I know
Small towns aren't the best

~Breezy

No comments: